- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 35
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco, or other hot sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
- Serve with garlic-rubbed toasts.
NotesThis is addictive, with a little kick.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More