- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large Vidallia (sweet) onion
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large red pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- Half a jar of Tomato Sauce
- 1 box (12 ounces) of Pasta
- Shredded cheese
- Brown the beef in a pan.
- When browned, dump in large pot.
- Add chopped onion and chopped peppers.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep pot on medium heat until veggies are cooked (not hard and crispy), then reduce heat to low.
- Pour in the half jar of tomato sauce.
- Meanwhile, boil the box of pasta.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and add to the pot of beef, veggies, and sauce.
- Stir well so everything is mixed.
- Serve with shredded cheese on top.
- It sounds like a variation between chili and spaghetti, but it tastes GREAT and is not like either of those meals.
- Enjoy! (Feeds about 4-6...or eat it for 2 nights like my fiance and me!)
NotesI looked up some goulash recipes to see if anything looked good. I wanted something that would be fairly fast to prepare and also something that would rather healthy. I ended up using bits and pieces from various goulash recipes and giving the final result my own twist. This is the recipe I used to make what I call Fresh Veggie & Beef Goulash for my fiance (and me) last night.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More