- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 C
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups (12 oz) fresh cranberries
- 1 tbsp Cointreau
- In a medium saucepan combine the sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil rapidly for 5 minutes.
- Add cranberries.
- Return to boiling; reduce heat.
- Boil gently, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until skins pop, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Cointreau and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve warm or chilled as desired.
NotesThis is the recipe off the back of your average bag of fresh cranberries, with the addition of Cointreau, because I think that the orange nicely complements the cranberries. I'll sometimes add some orange zest to intensify the orange flavor even more.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More