- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 part jalapeno, finely chopped and seeded
- 1 part cilantro, chopped
- 2 parts white onion, chopped
- 4 parts tomato, seeded and chopped
- splash of lime juice (a very small splash)
- pinch of salt
- Stir all ingredients together and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, stirring once again before serving.
NotesPico de gallo is one of those dishes that allows every ingredient to share the spotlight. Tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, and cilantro - each having its own distinct flavor and each contributing equally to the freshness of the dish. Serve it as a dip with chips or as a condiment or garnish with quesadillas or grilled chicken.
Pico has no real recipe - it’s more like a formula or assembly instructions, one that varies from person to person.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More