- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Egg yolks
- 100g Caster sugar
- 1/2 pint if milk
- 1 Vanilla pod
- In a thick bottem pan bring the milk to a boil with the vanilla pod split in half (do not forget to add a teaspoon of water in the pan at first, it will make the pot easier to wash afterwards)
- In a large salad bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar untill the mix takes a slight white-ish colour
- Pour the boiling milk over the eggs, while stirring.
- Put this mixture back to your pot and put it back on the stove.
- Take a spatula and constantly stir your custard untill cooked. MAKE SURE THAT IT NEVER GETS TO BOILING POINT!!!!
- This technique is very simple, when you take your spatula out of the mixture you must be able to make a permanent mark thourgh it. If so its cooked. Take it immediately off the heat and pass it though a fine sieve.
- Let it cool untill lukewarm, then you can put it in the fridge.
- My tip: if it happens to be over cooked (grainy, texture, lumps) don't panic. Pourthe whole thing into a bottle of water and give it a good shake. Normaly it should be saved.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More