- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Egg yolks
- 100g Caster sugar
- 1/2 pint if milk
- 1 Vanilla pod
- In a thick bottem pan bring the milk to a boil with the vanilla pod split in half (do not forget to add a teaspoon of water in the pan at first, it will make the pot easier to wash afterwards)
- In a large salad bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar untill the mix takes a slight white-ish colour
- Pour the boiling milk over the eggs, while stirring.
- Put this mixture back to your pot and put it back on the stove.
- Take a spatula and constantly stir your custard untill cooked. MAKE SURE THAT IT NEVER GETS TO BOILING POINT!!!!
- This technique is very simple, when you take your spatula out of the mixture you must be able to make a permanent mark thourgh it. If so its cooked. Take it immediately off the heat and pass it though a fine sieve.
- Let it cool untill lukewarm, then you can put it in the fridge.
- My tip: if it happens to be over cooked (grainy, texture, lumps) don't panic. Pourthe whole thing into a bottle of water and give it a good shake. Normaly it should be saved.
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!See More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More