- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Egg yolks
- 100g Caster sugar
- 1/2 pint if milk
- 1 Vanilla pod
- In a thick bottem pan bring the milk to a boil with the vanilla pod split in half (do not forget to add a teaspoon of water in the pan at first, it will make the pot easier to wash afterwards)
- In a large salad bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar untill the mix takes a slight white-ish colour
- Pour the boiling milk over the eggs, while stirring.
- Put this mixture back to your pot and put it back on the stove.
- Take a spatula and constantly stir your custard untill cooked. MAKE SURE THAT IT NEVER GETS TO BOILING POINT!!!!
- This technique is very simple, when you take your spatula out of the mixture you must be able to make a permanent mark thourgh it. If so its cooked. Take it immediately off the heat and pass it though a fine sieve.
- Let it cool untill lukewarm, then you can put it in the fridge.
- My tip: if it happens to be over cooked (grainy, texture, lumps) don't panic. Pourthe whole thing into a bottle of water and give it a good shake. Normaly it should be saved.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Get Fit With Good Food!
Special SmoothiesSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More