- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Makes one small, approximately 8 by 14 inch rectangular pizza which should serve 3 or 4
- 6 sheets phyllo
- spray on olive oil
- 1 cup ricotta
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 5 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon good sea salt
- 2 or 3 large firm ripe tomatoes, sliced into nice thick (1/2 - 3/4 cm) slices
- 1/2 cup good quality feta, crumbled
- * any other assorted toppings youd like, like greek olives, artichokes, thin sliced red onion..
- Spray a thin layer of olive oil onto the surface of a 9 X 14 inch cake pan.
- You can also use a small cookie sheet or a pizza pan if you prefer.
- Lay one sheet of phyllo on the pan with the edges hanging over the edge of the pan.
- Spray that sheet of dough lightly with oil.
- Top with another sheet of phyllo and spray it as well. repeat until you've used all the sheets up and the bottom of the pan is covered in 6 layers of dough.
- If your phyllo sheets are smaller and don't cover the pan totally, you'll need to use more than six. try to make sure you overlap the seams and try to stagger the seams as between layers.
- Press dough firmly into corners of the pan.
- You can either trim the overhanging dough level with the edges of the pan or you can fold each edge under.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix ricotta, dill (reserve a small portion for the top of the pizza, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Use a large spoon to spread the cheese mixture evenly over the base of the dough.
- Top the ricotta mixture with tomato slices.
- Top the tomato slices with crumbeld feta and remaining dill.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the pizza looks cooked and the feta cheese is browned on top.
- If the feta is not as brown as you'd like, use strips of foil to cover the edges of the dough and put the pizza under the broiler for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with a simple green salad with lemon dressing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More