Fresher Than This Broccoli Yo
-1/2 pound broccoli (one stalk of broccoli)
-1 tablespoon of water
-salt and pepper
1) Wash, don't soak, the broccoli in cool running water just before preparing
2) Trim off any leaves that are attached to the stalk
3) Trim off just the end of each stalk, leaving about 2 inches below the florets
4) Trim the broccoli by cutting each floret off of the head, leaving a little stalk on each cluster
5) If the individual florets are fairly large, they can be sliced in half lengthwise to make them smaller and easier to eat once cooked
6) Now it's time to put them in the microwave to cook.
7) Always start with a microwave safe dish. That means glass or plastic, NOT METAL
8) Put the florets in the dish in a single layer
9) For 1/2 pound, add 1 tablespoon of water into the container
10) Cover with plastic wrap. Be sure to leave a steam vent in the corner, or poke holes throughout it
11) Microwave on high for about 3-4 minutes
12) With a fork stab the broccoli to check to see if it is cooked to your liking. Do not overcook it because it will loose its bright green color, crisp tenderness and sweetness.
Pairs Well With
This is how to cook fresh broccoli without burning the entire house down or having to use a frozen bag of chemicals.