- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is recipe altered from a cookbook about Frida Kahlo and the parties she made. I used fillets instead of a whole fish and sauted the onions before baking. It's very tasty and very forgiving. Also if you are counting calories which even I do occasionally you can substitute half of the olive oil with tomato sauce. My husband likes cutting it with wine which is the recipe I have included below.
- 1 lb. red snapper fillet
- salt and pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 T.capers, rinsed
- 1 doz. olives, pitted (good ones)
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig oregano
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 red onion, halved,sliced and sauted
- l jalapeno, minced
- 1 chipotle in adobo, minced
- 1/2 C. olive oil (a good one)
- 1/4 C. white wine( one you'd drink)
- Wash and dry fish.
- Arrange in baking dish. I use a round one.
- Top with tomatoes, onions, chilies, garlic (can be sauted with onions), herbs and sprinkle with olive oil and wine.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 375 degrees, basting every 15 minutes or so.