FRIDA'S RED SNAPPER VERA CRUZ
Frida's red snapper Vera Cruz
- 1 lb. red snapper fillet
- salt and pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 T.capers, rinsed
- 1 doz. olives, pitted (good ones)
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig oregano
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 red onion, halved,sliced and sauted
- l jalapeno, minced
- 1 chipotle in adobo, minced
- 1/2 C. olive oil (a good one)
- 1/4 C. white wine( one you'd drink)
Wash and dry fish.
Arrange in baking dish. I use a round one.
Top with tomatoes, onions, chilies, garlic (can be sauted with onions), herbs and sprinkle with olive oil and wine.
Bake for 45 minutes at 375 degrees, basting every 15 minutes or so.