FRIED APPLE PIES
- Cooking Time: apples 20 frying 3
- Servings: 12-14
- Preparation Time: 20
- 6 – 8 large apples, thinly sliced
- (I prefer to mix red delicious & granny smith apples for a sweet/tart taste)
- 1- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ stick of butter
- 10 –12 flour tortillas
- Place all ingredients except tortillas in a large saucepan.
- Cook over med. heat until apples are tender but not mushy.
- If juice is thin, combine 1 ½ tsp. cornstarch w about a ¼ cup of water; mix well.
- Pour this slowly into the apples while stirring; juice will thicken.
- Remove from heat & let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Preparing pies:
- In each flour tortilla, place a heaping tablespoon of apple filling; spread to about ½ inch from edge only on ½ the side.
- Moisten fingers with water & run them around the entire edge of tortilla.
- Fold top half of tortilla over & crimp edges together with a fork.
- Turn over and crimp the other side.
- In a regular size skillet, pour oil about ¾ in. deep.
- Heat on med. heat.
- Place pies 2 @ at a time in oil & brown on each side.
- Drain on paper towel.
- **May serve warm w/ a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
NotesThis recipe is one that my Grandmother taught me when I was growing up. Of course, she mixed and rolled homemade dough for the pie crusts. I found flour tortillas work just as well and alot easier. :)
Another family favorite here!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More