- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy Granny Kelly made the best dough and used dried apples. they were then cook on a wood burning stove in lard or butter. Wonderful!
This is undated from the one she made.
- pie crust mix
- 2 Talebspoons apple pie mix or 1/2
- apple, sliced into very thin slices
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- butter flavor Crisco
- Make pie dough according to directions on package of pie crust mix.
- Roll out on floured cloth very thin.
- Cut into rounds about the size of a saucer.
- On 1/2 of the circle, place apple pie mix or apple slices, sugar and cinnamon.
- Fold the other half over and seal with a fork. Do this by going around the circle edge of the crust and mashing dough together.
- Very carefully lift the turnover and place in a heavy iron skillet that has been preheated with about 1/2-inch of butter-flavor Crisco.
- Then fry until golden brown on one side.
- Turn with a spatula, being careful not to tear the rust.
- Repeat on the other side.
- These can also be put on a cookie sheet, brushed with butter flavor Crisco and baked in a 350 degrees oven until brown.