- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium tart apples, unpeeled, cored, quartered, and sliced (I used Golden Delicious)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- cinnamon for dusting (optional)
- Melt butter in a medium heavy skillet over medium heat. Add apples to a cast iron skillet; cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until apples are juicy.
- Turn and sprinkle with 1/3 cup sugar. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes longer. Uncover and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, or until sugar is absorbed and apples are lightly browned on bottom.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with a few more tablespoons of sugar, depending on tartness of apples. Dust with cinnamon, if you like.
- Serve hot as a side dish to ham or pork meal, or with breakfast.
NotesThis recipe comes from a friend of mine, Corinna! Boy were these ever good! Tasted like apple pie without the crust! Brought back many memories of my late aunt's apple pie! I wish I would of had some whip cream or vanilla ice cream to top these with! What you see sprinkled on the apples is vanilla sugar & cinnamon from a spice grinder that I bought at Trader Joe's and it is awesome! This is my first time making fried apples and I can see I'll be making them time and time again!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More