- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 bag frozen artichoke hearts, thawed (Trader Joe's has great ones!)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- lemon slices for garnish
- Add oil to a hot skillet.
- Put egg in a shallow bowl, and bread crumbs combined with cheese in another.
- Dip artichoke hearts in egg, then bread/cheese, then place in pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry on both sides until cooked, remove and put on paper towel covered plate to drain excess oil, then place on serving platter.
- Sprinkle with salt while warm.
- If desired, squeeze lemon over them once plated. Serve immediately.
- For the aioli: Combine mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice and paprika.
- Mix together.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve in separate bowl as a dipping sauce.
NotesI developed this recipe after not being able to find artichokes (out of season). I've made the aioli in the past for other dishes. This appetizer is perfect for a weeknight or for company. Easy to make, too!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More