- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 bag frozen artichoke hearts, thawed (Trader Joe's has great ones!)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- lemon slices for garnish
- Add oil to a hot skillet.
- Put egg in a shallow bowl, and bread crumbs combined with cheese in another.
- Dip artichoke hearts in egg, then bread/cheese, then place in pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry on both sides until cooked, remove and put on paper towel covered plate to drain excess oil, then place on serving platter.
- Sprinkle with salt while warm.
- If desired, squeeze lemon over them once plated. Serve immediately.
- For the aioli: Combine mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice and paprika.
- Mix together.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve in separate bowl as a dipping sauce.
NotesI developed this recipe after not being able to find artichokes (out of season). I've made the aioli in the past for other dishes. This appetizer is perfect for a weeknight or for company. Easy to make, too!
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Surprisingly VEGANSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More