- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. lemon pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Peanut oil for frying
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 8 (6 to 8 oz.) farm-raised catfish fillets
- 2 large onions, sliced
- A bottle of hot sauce
- Tartar Sauce
- In a shallow pan, mix the cornmeal, flour, black pepper, lemon pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and salt.
- Heat peanut oil to 350 degrees F in a deep frypan.
- Mix the milk and hot pepper sauce in a shallow pan and dip each fillet into this mixture, letting the excess drip off.
- Then dip and coat each fillet with the flour mixture.
- Fry the catfish for 6 to 7 minutes or until brown and firm. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve catfish hot with raw onion separated into rings, hot sauce,and tarter sauce.
- Catfish is a mild, white-fleshed fish and very tasty.
NotesMississippi Style from
The Big Book of Fish & Shellfish
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More