- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI needed to learn to make good chicken wings for all the yummy wing sauces my husband makes. I finally got it right!
- 3 lbs chicken wings (I prefer split, fresh never frozen wings)
- seasoned salt
- 1 quart cooking oil
- When making fried chicken wings, I prefer to use fresh, never frozen chicken wings. I think they crisp up the best.
- In a big pot heat oil to 350F.
- Meanwhile, in a big bowl, pat chicken wings dry.
- Season with seasoned salt & pepper.
- When oil is at 350 degrees, gently add some chicken wings to the pot, being careful not to overcrowd the pan.
- Watch your oil temperature. It will drop when you add the chicken, but don't let it get too hot or your wings will not cook properly.
- Fry until golden, approximately 10 minutes.
- Gently scoop out cooked wings and drain on wire rack.
- These are ready eat as is.... or ready to top with your favorite wing sauce!