- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lbs chicken wings (I prefer split, fresh never frozen wings)
- seasoned salt
- 1 quart cooking oil
- When making fried chicken wings, I prefer to use fresh, never frozen chicken wings. I think they crisp up the best.
- In a big pot heat oil to 350F.
- Meanwhile, in a big bowl, pat chicken wings dry.
- Season with seasoned salt & pepper.
- When oil is at 350 degrees, gently add some chicken wings to the pot, being careful not to overcrowd the pan.
- Watch your oil temperature. It will drop when you add the chicken, but don't let it get too hot or your wings will not cook properly.
- Fry until golden, approximately 10 minutes.
- Gently scoop out cooked wings and drain on wire rack.
- These are ready eat as is.... or ready to top with your favorite wing sauce!
NotesI needed to learn to make good chicken wings for all the yummy wing sauces my husband makes. I finally got it right!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Christmas CookiesSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More