- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal, divided
- 1/2 cup cake flour, divided
- 2/3 cup water
- 12 fresh cherrystone clams, shucked
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tartar sauce or seafood cocktail sauce, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine 3/4 cup cornmeal and 1/4 cup flour with the water, forming a batter. In another bowl, combine the remaining cornmeal and flour.
- Dip clams in batter; shake off excess. Coat with cornmeal mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry clams, a few at a time, for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; sprinkle with salt.
- Serve immediately with sauce if desired.
NotesThe crunchy, golden coating on these clams will melt in your mouth. One bite and you'll know why these are considered a delicacy where we live!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More