- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 T flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup pecan sandies cookie crumbs - fine
- 1 egg
- 2 T water
- Light oil (I use canola or sunflower)
- In top of double boiler, beat eggs, add sugar, flour, salt and milk.
- Mix well and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add butter.
- Cool slightly.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour into a small greased baking pan to 3/4 inch thickness.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into strips, 2" X 1".
- Mix bread and cookie crumbs together.
- Beat egg with water.
- Roll strips in crumbs, then in egg, then in crumbs again.
- Fry to a golden brown.
- Serve with powdered sugar or Maple syrup.
NotesAnother old recipe…from childhood…slightly altered over the years.
The original recipe called for shortbread cookies, but I like the Sandies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More