- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 T flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup pecan sandies cookie crumbs - fine
- 1 egg
- 2 T water
- Light oil (I use canola or sunflower)
- In top of double boiler, beat eggs, add sugar, flour, salt and milk.
- Mix well and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add butter.
- Cool slightly.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour into a small greased baking pan to 3/4 inch thickness.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into strips, 2" X 1".
- Mix bread and cookie crumbs together.
- Beat egg with water.
- Roll strips in crumbs, then in egg, then in crumbs again.
- Fry to a golden brown.
- Serve with powdered sugar or Maple syrup.
NotesAnother old recipe…from childhood…slightly altered over the years.
The original recipe called for shortbread cookies, but I like the Sandies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More