- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup chopped shallots
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces sliced hot pepper Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 pound Chicken Andouille Sausage (or whatever type of sausage you prefer)
- 8 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut bread horizontally in half. Place bread halves, cut side up, on separate baking sheets and bake for 5 minutes, or until the edges just turn a pale golden color. Remove from oven and set aside. Reduce heat to 400°F.
- Meanwhile, mix shallots and 6 tablespoons oil in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve 2 tablespoons onion oil and spread remaining onion oil over bread. Top with cheese.
- Sauté sausages in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, breaking up with spoon, about 7 minutes. Divide sausage among bread halves. Bake pizzas until cheese melts and bread turns a golden brown and is crisp, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in each of 2 large skillets over medium-high heat. Crack 4 eggs into each skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let eggs stand in skillets while pizzas bake.
- Arrange 4 eggs atop each pizza. Spoon reserved onion oil over eggs. Cut each pizza between eggs into 4 pieces.
NotesA versatile breakfast dish that will please the masses!
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More