FRIED EGG, ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE, AND PEPPER JACK CHEESE BREAKFAST "PIZZA"
- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup chopped shallots
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces sliced hot pepper Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 pound Chicken Andouille Sausage (or whatever type of sausage you prefer)
- 8 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut bread horizontally in half. Place bread halves, cut side up, on separate baking sheets and bake for 5 minutes, or until the edges just turn a pale golden color. Remove from oven and set aside. Reduce heat to 400°F.
- Meanwhile, mix shallots and 6 tablespoons oil in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve 2 tablespoons onion oil and spread remaining onion oil over bread. Top with cheese.
- Sauté sausages in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, breaking up with spoon, about 7 minutes. Divide sausage among bread halves. Bake pizzas until cheese melts and bread turns a golden brown and is crisp, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in each of 2 large skillets over medium-high heat. Crack 4 eggs into each skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let eggs stand in skillets while pizzas bake.
- Arrange 4 eggs atop each pizza. Spoon reserved onion oil over eggs. Cut each pizza between eggs into 4 pieces.
NotesA versatile breakfast dish that will please the masses!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More