- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c corn meal
- 1/2 c buttermilk
- 1 t.dried mint
- 1 t.ground cumin
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3 large green tomatoes, cut into 1/4 thick slices
- peanut oil or canola oil
- 2 large heads of bib lettuce, rinsed and torn
- 1/2 c toasted walnuts
- Rose vinegarette, recipe to follow fried green tomato salad recipe.
- Whisk together first five ingredients into bowl until smooth. Dip tomato slices evenly in batter.
- Pour oil 2 inches deep into heavy skillet. Fry tomato slices in batches in hot oil over med to high heat 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Arrange lettuce on 6 plates top each with 2 tomato slices sprinkle evenly with walnuts. Drizzle with rose vinegarette. Makes six servings.
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Pineapple Banana Punch
Triple Chocolate Bundt CakeSee More