- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 12 sliders
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 4 Green tomatos
- 2lb German bologna or your fav smoked sausage
- 1 bag baby arugula
- 1 cup Ketcup
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup relish
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups AP flour
- 6 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 4 cups Oil for frying
- Fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- Cut green tomatos into 24 equal slices
- Cut bologna into 12 equal sized pieces (idealy you want them the same size as the tomato)
- Mix Ketcup,mayo,relish, hot sauce and reslish all together and set aside in the fridge.
- Heat oil on med heat to 350 in heavy bottom pot.
- Break eggs into a bow wisk until runny
- Place flour in a pie size dish season with salt and pepper
- Place Panko in a pie size dish season with fresh thyme.( pull thyme leaves off by holding the top of the stem and sliding your fingers down the stem).
- Place tomato first in flour to coat. Shake off excess then
- Place in egg wash to coat then
- Place in Panko cover the tomato completly with Panko.
- when they are all covered in Panko and oil is ready you can start frying.
- Fry 4 at a time until golden brown or 4 minutes.
- Take them out lay them on a plate with a paper towl season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble heat a non-stick pan over med heat sear the bologna on both sides just to heat through 1 min on each side. Spread the dressing on the green tomato, a few pieces of arugula, place the bologna on top of the arugula and top with the other green tomato.
NotesIn the south fried green tomatos are a must have when in season. I use them as slider buns here stuffing a big slab of bologna between them. A little arugula and homemade thousand island make for a great topping. My dad is so proud of me he said, "finaily something I can eat".
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More