- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 12 sliders
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 4 Green tomatos
- 2lb German bologna or your fav smoked sausage
- 1 bag baby arugula
- 1 cup Ketcup
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup relish
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups AP flour
- 6 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 4 cups Oil for frying
- Fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- Cut green tomatos into 24 equal slices
- Cut bologna into 12 equal sized pieces (idealy you want them the same size as the tomato)
- Mix Ketcup,mayo,relish, hot sauce and reslish all together and set aside in the fridge.
- Heat oil on med heat to 350 in heavy bottom pot.
- Break eggs into a bow wisk until runny
- Place flour in a pie size dish season with salt and pepper
- Place Panko in a pie size dish season with fresh thyme.( pull thyme leaves off by holding the top of the stem and sliding your fingers down the stem).
- Place tomato first in flour to coat. Shake off excess then
- Place in egg wash to coat then
- Place in Panko cover the tomato completly with Panko.
- when they are all covered in Panko and oil is ready you can start frying.
- Fry 4 at a time until golden brown or 4 minutes.
- Take them out lay them on a plate with a paper towl season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble heat a non-stick pan over med heat sear the bologna on both sides just to heat through 1 min on each side. Spread the dressing on the green tomato, a few pieces of arugula, place the bologna on top of the arugula and top with the other green tomato.
NotesIn the south fried green tomatos are a must have when in season. I use them as slider buns here stuffing a big slab of bologna between them. A little arugula and homemade thousand island make for a great topping. My dad is so proud of me he said, "finaily something I can eat".
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
The Social CookbookSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More