- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat or butter
- 4 firm green tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- . In separate shallow bowls, place the milk and bread crumbs.
- 2. In a skillet over medium-low heat, heat the bacon fat or butter until it melts.
- 3. Dip the tomato slices in the milk and then dredge them in the breadcrumbs. Fry the slices for 3 minutes on a side or until they are golden brown all over. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Affy Taffy Pie by Molly Heron
Raspberry Poppy Seed Dressing
Chicken TetrazziniSee More