FRIED GREEN TOMATOES
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat or butter
- 4 firm green tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Salt and pepper, to taste
. In separate shallow bowls, place the milk and bread crumbs.
2. In a skillet over medium-low heat, heat the bacon fat or butter until it melts.
3. Dip the tomato slices in the milk and then dredge them in the breadcrumbs. Fry the slices for 3 minutes on a side or until they are golden brown all over. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper