- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 4 green tomatoes, sliced
- 1 egg
- 2 T. milk
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 c. yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- canola oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal and bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the egg and milk into a separate bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Dip the tomatoes in the egg and then dredge them in the cornmeal mixture, coating both sides well.
- Place a large cast iron skillet (or non-stick pan) over medium heat and coat with the oil.
- When the oil is hot, pan-fry the tomatoes (in batches if necessary) until golden brown and crispy on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Carefully remove the tomatoes and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Watt's Cooking in PA?
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More