- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 4 green tomatoes, sliced
- 1 egg
- 2 T. milk
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 c. yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- canola oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal and bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the egg and milk into a separate bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Dip the tomatoes in the egg and then dredge them in the cornmeal mixture, coating both sides well.
- Place a large cast iron skillet (or non-stick pan) over medium heat and coat with the oil.
- When the oil is hot, pan-fry the tomatoes (in batches if necessary) until golden brown and crispy on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Carefully remove the tomatoes and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More