- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum or whiskey
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted.
- Place in the center of a breadboard one cup of flour. Make a dent or well in the center. Add the whole yolks, sour cream, sugar, rum and salt. With a fork mix until the liquids are well combined.
- Gradually work into the flour. The dough should be of the consistency of noodle dough. Knead for a few minutes to make the dough smooth.
- Split the dough into 2 portions. On a lightly floured board roll out each section until paper-thin.
- If you have a pie-crimping wheel, use it to cut the dough into squares of 3 1/2-inches or a rectangle of 3 1/2 x 2 1/2-inches. They will have beautiful serrated edges. 5. With a paring knife make three or four gashes about 2 to 2 1/2-inches evenly spaced.
- Fry in a deep fat (Lard preferred, Crisco or vegetable oil) until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle with sifted confectioners sugar while still warm on both sides.
NotesThese are very crispy and light as a feather fried dough cookies. They look great when piled high in a pyramid on a cut crystal platter.