- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 qt. vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 c. honey
- Unroll pastry onto greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Combine sugar & cinnamon and sprinkle on pastry. Prick throughly with fork.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes.
- Place pastry in resalable bag; coarsely crush. Transfer to shallow bowl.
- Using a 1/2 cup ice cream scoop, form 8 scoops of ice cream. Roll in pastry crumbs.
- Cover & freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Fry in deep fryer set at375 degrees for 8-10 seconds or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Place in bowls & drizzle with honey.
NotesI was at a restarant with my cousin while on vacation and we had this treat! I then found this recipe in a magazine, (not sure which one), and had to have it. I haven't made it at home myself, but soon!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More