- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI was at a restarant with my cousin while on vacation and we had this treat! I then found this recipe in a magazine, (not sure which one), and had to have it. I haven't made it at home myself, but soon!!!
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 qt. vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 c. honey
- Unroll pastry onto greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Combine sugar & cinnamon and sprinkle on pastry. Prick throughly with fork.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes.
- Place pastry in resalable bag; coarsely crush. Transfer to shallow bowl.
- Using a 1/2 cup ice cream scoop, form 8 scoops of ice cream. Roll in pastry crumbs.
- Cover & freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Fry in deep fryer set at375 degrees for 8-10 seconds or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Place in bowls & drizzle with honey.