- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 oz. Meat or seafood of choice
- 1/2 tsp White pepper
- 1 tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 lbs Fresh rice noodles, loh shee fun
- 4 tbsp Peanut oil, divided
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 10 oz Bean sprouts
- 2 Eggs
- 3 stalks Green onions
- Cut meat into 1/4-inch-thick matchsticks.
- Combine the white pepper, half of soy sauces, and oyster sauce in a bowl; set aside.
- Just before cooking, put the noodles in a large bowl and pour boiling water over them. Stir gently with chopsticks to separate the strands, drain, and shake off the excess water.
- Preheat a wok; until it is very hot, add 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the garlic and cook over medium-high heat until it is fragrant. Be careful not to burn it.
- Add meat and increase heat to high stir fry for about 2 minutes. Add beansprouts; toss and stir until the vegetables begin to wilt. Remove everything in the wok to a platter and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the wok; when hot, toss in the well-drained noodles. Gently toss and flip the noodles to heat them through. Be careful not to break them.
- Push the noodles up the sides of the wok to make a well in the middle; pour in the remaining soy sauce mixture, then toss the noodles gently to sauce them evenly.
- Make a well again and break the eggs into the middle. Without mixing them with the noodles, scramble the eggs lightly. When the eggs begin to set, add the green onions and return the meat mixture. Gently toss together to heat thoroughly.
- Serve hot with sambal on the side and top with some fried shallots. Enjoy!
NotesThere are so many terms or names for this noodle. To me, it has always been loh shee fun. Literally translated, loh shee fun is "rat noodle" (as literally translated from its Chinese name due to the noodle shape as being short and tapered like the rodent's tail) :). This is one of my favorite noodle especially when I was a kid. For a kid with little or no chopsticks skills, loh shee fun is easy to eat. Its fun!