- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a borrowed recipe from a dear friend and fellow Bakerspace member"Krrispy". This is another wonderful T&T recipe. Many options come with this one~,Plain or Dressed up it's Great.
Thanks so much Prisc, for this wonderful recipe. Janie
- Leftover baked mac and cheese, cut into bite sized pieces.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp each, salt, pepper, and cayenne
- 1 egg beaten with 2-oz water
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- oil for deep frying.
- Season the cut pieces of mac and cheese with the spices.
- Dip the cut mac pieces into the flour, shake to remove excess,then dip into the egg and finally coat with the bread crumbs.
- Allow the coated bites to rest for a few minutes so that the coating will set.
- Deep fry till lightly browned.
- You can add some chopped green chilies to the mac and cheese before baking or you could also add some chopped rotel tomatoes for some added flavored too.
- Jack Pepper cheese would make an excellant dish too.
- The coated Bites can be chilled for 30 minutes before frying.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
The Vegan Roadie's 5 Ingredient Challenge Cookbook - Season OneSee More
Ginger White Chocolate And Brandy Pumpkin Mousse
Apple Honey Custard Pie
Tortellini CarbonaraSee More