- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Leftover baked mac and cheese, cut into bite sized pieces.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp each, salt, pepper, and cayenne
- 1 egg beaten with 2-oz water
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- oil for deep frying.
- Season the cut pieces of mac and cheese with the spices.
- Dip the cut mac pieces into the flour, shake to remove excess,then dip into the egg and finally coat with the bread crumbs.
- Allow the coated bites to rest for a few minutes so that the coating will set.
- Deep fry till lightly browned.
- You can add some chopped green chilies to the mac and cheese before baking or you could also add some chopped rotel tomatoes for some added flavored too.
- Jack Pepper cheese would make an excellant dish too.
- The coated Bites can be chilled for 30 minutes before frying.
NotesThis is a borrowed recipe from a dear friend and fellow Bakerspace member"Krrispy". This is another wonderful T&T recipe. Many options come with this one~,Plain or Dressed up it's Great.
Thanks so much Prisc, for this wonderful recipe. Janie
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More