- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup grated parm cheese( i would be inclined to use a tad more or a blend of parm cheese)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash of garlic powder
- 1 cup of cold water
- 2 Tbs of crisco shortening melted( can use canola oil)
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 cups, about 8-oz of fresh sliced mushrooms
- Heat about 2-3 " of oil to about 365.
- Combine all ingredients, except for the mushrooms. Dip the mushrooms into the batter, drain off excess and fry.
- Just a few at a time.
- Turn as needed and drain well.
- Quartered or Halved Mushrooms would work a little better in this recipe. It will be much easier to spear with a toothpick for serving~Janie
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More