- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 medium white or yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Preheat oil to 360 degrees F.
- To make the chili sauce, combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce, chili powder, and cayenne in a small bowl and stir well. Cover and chill until serving time.
- For the onion rings: Slice the onions into very thin rings and separate the rings. Spread them out and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Place the flour in a re-sealable plastic bag. Put the onion rings, in batches, in the bag, close tightly, and shake until the onion rings are coated.
- Pour the oil into a Dutch oven. Fry the onion rings in batches for 3 to 4 minutes, until they are brown and crispy. Remove with tongs and drain on paper towels.
- Taste and season with salt, if necessary. Serve with chili sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More