- Cooking Time: 5min
- Servings: 12 pies
- Preparation Time: 30min
- 1 can (16 ounces) cling peach slices, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon red cinnamon candies
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup cold water
- peanut oil for frying for deep frying
- Granulated sugar for garnish
- Set chopped peaches on paper towels to drain.
- In a microwave-safe bowl combine drained peaches, candies, sugar, cornstarch, and nutmeg. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Microwave 1 minute more.
- Stir until candies are dissolved.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl combine flour and salt.
- Cut in Crisco with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing until dry ingredients are moistened and dough can be gathered into a ball.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a 5-inch cutter (or 5-inch bowl), cut 6 circles from each half. (Re-roll scraps as necessary.)
- Heat peanut oil to 365ºF in a deep saucepan or deep fryer.
- Place 1 tablespoon of filling on each dough circle.
- Moisten edges with water.
- Fold in half over filling; seal with fork.
- Fry a few pies at a time for 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More