- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (16 oz.) jar sliced dill pickles
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. hot red pepper sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp. Essence (Creole seasoning mix)
- 4 c. vegetable oil for frying
- Drain the pickles in a colander, and then spread on paper towels to drain completely.
- Combine the buttermilk and hot sauce in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, and 2 Tbsp. of Creole seasoning (Essence).
- Heat the oil in a medium pot to 350º F.
- Submerge the pickles in batches in the buttermilk, then dip into the flour mixture, tossing to evenly coat.
- Shake in a strainer to remove any excess batter. Add to the oil in batches, turning, until golden brown and crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels, and season with additional Essence and salt, to taste.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve hot.
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More