- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 6 bone-in thin pork chops, or per your preference
- 1/2 cup paprika (sweet)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. onion power
- Coarse salt (optional)
- Peanut oil for frying
- Mix paprika, sugar and onion powder together in a small bowl.
- Generously sprinkle both sides of the pork chops using enough of this mixture to coat them, and massage it into the meat.
- Salt the chops on both sides according to your taste preference.
- Place chops in a covered container and refrigerate for 4 hrs. or overnight.
- Heat peanut oil, just enough to barely cover the bottom of the pan, in a heavy fry pan (I use an electric skillet set at 350 degrees).
- Fry chops on both sides for several minutes to brown them, careful not to burn; transfer to a baking pan and finish them off in a 325 degree oven until they are no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes more or less.
NotesThis is my adaptation of the Neely BBQ Family's recipe, with a few changes of my own. The results are a tasty and very tender chop.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Fun appetizers and snacks
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More