- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is my adaptation of the Neely BBQ Family's recipe, with a few changes of my own. The results are a tasty and very tender chop.
- 6 bone-in thin pork chops, or per your preference
- 1/2 cup paprika (sweet)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. onion power
- Coarse salt (optional)
- Peanut oil for frying
- Mix paprika, sugar and onion powder together in a small bowl.
- Generously sprinkle both sides of the pork chops using enough of this mixture to coat them, and massage it into the meat.
- Salt the chops on both sides according to your taste preference.
- Place chops in a covered container and refrigerate for 4 hrs. or overnight.
- Heat peanut oil, just enough to barely cover the bottom of the pan, in a heavy fry pan (I use an electric skillet set at 350 degrees).
- Fry chops on both sides for several minutes to brown them, careful not to burn; transfer to a baking pan and finish them off in a 325 degree oven until they are no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes more or less.