- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup raisins or chopped apples (optional)
- 1/4 cup sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In large bowl on low speed mix milk, sugar, oil, eggs, baking powder, salt, and 1 cup of the flour. scrape bowl constantly and mix only about 30 seconds until combined. Increase speed to medium and continue mixing for 2 minutes scraping bowl as needed.
- Stir in remaining flour and fruit (if using fruit).
- In a high sided fryer heat 2 to 3 inches of oil. Drop batter by teaspoons full into hot oil. as the puffs rise turn them. Fry for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels or brown bags (preferred).
- Roll puffs in sugar mixture before serving.
- Note: drain fried foods on brown paper grocery bags on a cookie sheet in the oven at 200 to 250° F and they are never greasy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More