- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup raisins or chopped apples (optional)
- 1/4 cup sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In large bowl on low speed mix milk, sugar, oil, eggs, baking powder, salt, and 1 cup of the flour. scrape bowl constantly and mix only about 30 seconds until combined. Increase speed to medium and continue mixing for 2 minutes scraping bowl as needed.
- Stir in remaining flour and fruit (if using fruit).
- In a high sided fryer heat 2 to 3 inches of oil. Drop batter by teaspoons full into hot oil. as the puffs rise turn them. Fry for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels or brown bags (preferred).
- Roll puffs in sugar mixture before serving.
- Note: drain fried foods on brown paper grocery bags on a cookie sheet in the oven at 200 to 250° F and they are never greasy.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Fueling a Firehouse
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More