- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 box store-bought cheese ravioli (about 24 ravioli)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 jar store bought marinara sauce, heated, for dipping
- Pour enough olive oil into a large frying pan to reach a depth of 2 inches.
- Heat the oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 325 degrees F.
- While the oil is heating, put the buttermilk and the bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Working in batches, dip ravioli in buttermilk to coat completely.
- Allow the excess buttermilk to drip back into the bowl. Dredge ravioli in the bread crumbs.
- Place the ravioli on a baking sheet, and continue with the remaining ravioli.
- When the oil is hot, fry the ravioli in batches, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried ravioli to paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle the fried ravioli with Parmesan and serve with a bowl of warmed marinara sauce for dipping.