- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 pkg store-bought cheese ravioli (the small ravioli)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cup marinara heated, for dipping
- Pour enough oil into a large frying pan to reach a depth of 1 inch. Heat the oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 325 degrees F.
- While the oil is heating, put the buttermilk and the bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Working in three batches, dip ravioli in buttermilk to coat completely. Allow the excess buttermilk to drip back into the bowl. Dredge ravioli in the bread crumbs. Place the ravioli on a baking sheet, and continue with the remaining ravioli.
- When the oil is hot, fry the ravioli in batches, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried ravioli to paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle the fried ravioli with Parmesan and serve with warmed sauce for dipping.
NotesA great appetizer recipe adapted from Giada de Laurentiis' Everyday Pasta
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More