- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can Spam, diced (or about 3/4 lb of meat of your choice or no meat at all)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 or 3 carrots, grated or diced
- a handful of frozen peas
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1 TBLS oyster sauce
- soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 or 4 cups cooked white rice (leftover is perfect)
- In a large skillet, fry diced Spam until browned (or cook other meat... or leftover meat or seafood)
- Add diced onion, garlic and carrots and cook until tender.
- Move meat and veggies to edges of skillet.
- Pour whisked eggs into center of pan and scramble.
- Mix eggs with meat & veggies.
- Add cooked rice and oyster sauce and mix well.
- Add frozen peas.
- Season with soy sauce & black pepper.
- You can really add whatever veggies or meat/seafood you like.
- It's great for using up leftovers.
- This is also great the next day!
NotesFried rice is so easy to make, but I often forget about it. It's great as a side dish or a whole meal. It's very versatile; you can make it with whatever you have on hand.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More