- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can Spam, diced (or about 3/4 lb of meat of your choice or no meat at all)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 or 3 carrots, grated or diced
- a handful of frozen peas
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1 TBLS oyster sauce
- soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 or 4 cups cooked white rice (leftover is perfect)
- In a large skillet, fry diced Spam until browned (or cook other meat... or leftover meat or seafood)
- Add diced onion, garlic and carrots and cook until tender.
- Move meat and veggies to edges of skillet.
- Pour whisked eggs into center of pan and scramble.
- Mix eggs with meat & veggies.
- Add cooked rice and oyster sauce and mix well.
- Add frozen peas.
- Season with soy sauce & black pepper.
- You can really add whatever veggies or meat/seafood you like.
- It's great for using up leftovers.
- This is also great the next day!
NotesFried rice is so easy to make, but I often forget about it. It's great as a side dish or a whole meal. It's very versatile; you can make it with whatever you have on hand.