- Cooking Time: 25 min
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- Great for leftover rice
- 2 cups dried rice ~ 6 cups cooked rice 185 grams uncooked rice ~ 585 grams cooked rice
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 onion (I often use whatever color is available) sliced or chopped
- 3-4 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. 30-45 mL Soy sauce to taste
- 6 Tbsp. 60-90 mL coconut oil
- Optional: cloves of smashed + chopped garlic
- Sliced or diced red or green pepper
- Sliced mushrooms
- Finely chopped or grated carrots
- Other meats (I love adding cooked salmon chunks)
- Start by frying the bacon in your skillet. I almost always cut it in half for ease and uniformity of cooking. Once your piece is crispy, remove from the pan. This delicious bacon fat is necessary, don’t get rid of it.
- Fry the onion, garlic, peppers, mushrooms, in that order. Let the onions become transparent, or caramelize a little, before pushing them to the perimeter, and adding half the coconut oil and the other veggies to cook. Now push all the veggies to the perimeter, add the rest of the coconut oil and all the cooked rice, breaking up the clods. Let the rice crisp up before flipping, repeat a few times. Once you have a significant amount of crispy rice, sprinkle the chopped bacon and any other meat on top of the rice, now pour the lightly beaten eggs and mix well, then allow the proteins to bind.
- I love to top my fried rice with chutney or chipotle sauce.
NotesWhen my brother and I were children, our mother would entice us to wake for Sunday school by making fried rice in the morning. Only after a year of frequently making fried rice, I have begun to master the crispy bottom of the fried rice that my brother & I would fight over.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Food Travels Through Italy
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More