- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, or as needed for ½ inch depth
- Whole medium-sized fresh sage leaves
- Dash of salt
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot so that drops of water sizzle when sprinkled into the oil, add the sage leaves. Fry for about 15 seconds, turning occasionally with a slotted spoon or tongs. (Don't let the leaves brown, or they’ll become bitter.)
- Transfer the leaves onto a paper towel-lined plate.
- The leaves will become crisp as they cool. Sprinkle lightly with fine-textured salt.
- The fried sage will keep for up to 2 days in a tightly closed container at room temperature.
NotesAs you prepare your holiday feast, you may be looking for just the right garnish for your soup or side dish. Here's the perfect solution that is simple to prepare, yet stunning when presented. Sage leaves may sizzle when added to the hot oil but won't splatter if they're dry.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More