- Cooking Time: 30 min.
- Servings: 4-6 serv.
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
BackstoryI grew up on fried potatoes with onions. Luv them!
I usually fix them in the traditional big cast iron skillet, but one day
while getting the skillet out, I saw my wok sitting there, and wondered........
To make a long story short, I prepared this dish in the wok. It turned out very well! I have used the wok ever since for this particular dish. It's fast, the veggies brown good...if you have not tried the wok, try it out and see how you like it!
- 8-10 med.-lg. potatoes (washed, peeled, and diced)
- 1 lg. onion (diced)
- 1 lb. smokies or Kielbasa (sliced)
- peanut oil (I guessed at the amount)
- olive oil (I guessed at the amount)
- 2-3 Tbsp. butter
- salt & pepper
- ketchup or
- Heat Wok on High heat
- Add amount of peanut oil (you want)
- Add olive oil to the peanut oil (what you want) I guessed at at the amount for both oils
- Add sliced meat to the oil and brown (keeping heat on High...turn frequently)
- Place browned meat on paper towels
- Add butter to the oil in pan
- Add potatoes, turning to coat them in the oil and butter...keep on high, and turn frequently, until cooked and browned
- Add diced onions to the potatoes when almost done (I like ours with some crunchiness...just translucent, but you might like your onions browned and well done.
- Add the meat and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper
- Serve with ketchup or tabasco