FRIED TOMATO, ONION AND MUSHROOM RAGOUT
Fried Tomato, Onion And Mushroom Ragout
- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2-3T olive oil
- 1 C chopped onions
- 4 medium tomatoes, each cut into 6-8 wedges
- 2 C sliced white mushrooms
- 1/4 C chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pasta, cooked
- Parmesan cheese
When I was growing up, my mother used to make a simple dish of fried tomatoes and onions that we would soak up with buttered bread. This is an updated version to which I have added mushrooms and fresh basil. My daughter loves this over whole wheat penne pasta and topped with parmesan cheese.
2-3T olive oil
1 C chopped onions
4 medium tomatoes, each cut into 6-8 wedges
2 C sliced white mushrooms
1/4 C chopped fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in large frying pan.
Add onions and saute for about 5 minutes over medium heat, until soft.
Add tomatoes and mushrooms.
2. Lower heat and simmer mixture for about twenty minutes, uncovered, stirring occationally, until most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in basil, salt and pepper.
3. Serve ragout over pasta and top with parmesan cheese.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes