- Cooking Time: 3 to 5 minutes
- Servings: 40
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 lb. ground pork or chicken
- 1/4 cup minced water chestnuts
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. Sherry or White Wine
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 scallions minced
- dash of black pepper
- package of 40 won ton wrappers
- small bowl of water
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix all ingredients except the won ton wrappers in a bowl.
- Place one tablespoon of the meat mixture in the center of the won ton wrap.
- Moisten the edge of the won ton with water.
- Fold won ton into a triangle
- With the point facing down, take the right point to the left point, moisten with water and press together. It will look like a nurses cap.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or wok. Make sure it is hot before dropping won tons into the oil. Drain on a cookie sheet with a wire rack on top.
- Serve with plum sauce or a Chinese hot mustard sauce.
- They can be frozen when cool and then reheated in a 350 degree oven while still frozen.
NotesThis is a great appetizer I learned to make while taking a Chinese cooking class. They can be made ahead, frozen and then re heated.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More