- Cooking Time: 20-30min
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15-20min
- 1 very large Zucchini, sliced to 1/2" thick rounds
- 1" oil in deep skillet
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1c +/- Flour
- 2 Eggs
- couple splashes of Milk
- 1c Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1c instant Potato Flakes
- your favorite Marinara- mine is sautéd onion, garlic, gr pepper, lg can tomato puree, sm can tomato sauce, seasoning; let it simmer while frying squash
- Spaghetti- to serve
- plenty of Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese
- *Start your marinara.
- *Start water for pasta to boiling.
- *Heat oil to 325-350 degrees.
- *Preheat broiler to 500 degrees.
- *Salt & pepper flour to your liking in a shallow bowl.
- *Beat eggs w/a little milk in another bowl.
- *Mix bread crumbs and potato flakes in a 3rd bowl.
- *First, dredge squash rounds, one at a time, thru flour to coat.
- *2nd, dip in egg wash to coat.
- *3rd, dredge thru crumbs mix, patting on both sides to coat well.
- *When oil is hot, fry squash, turning once, til golden, approx 5-6min per side depending on how big they are; mine were easily 2-3" diameter.
- *Serve atop pasta and marinara, sprinkle generously with cheeses, and pop oven-proof serving plate or individual casserole plates under the broiler for 2-3min to melt and brown cheese, then eat!
NotesLove Eggplant Parm, but my friend gave me this gi-NOR-mous zucchini- so what to do? Well, bread it, fry it, and serve it w/marinara maybe? So that's what I did!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More