- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium size cauliflower
- 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper
- for "pastella":
- 3 eggs
- 250 g flour
- 1/4 l beer
- 10 g yeast
- cold milk
- for mushroom sauce:
- 250 g mushrooms
- 2 tbls butter
- medium size onion
- chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbls flour
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- Wash the cauliflower and divide into smaller flowers, boil them or better steamcook. Be careful not to overcook them.
- Sprinkle with salt and lemon juice.
- Melt the yeast in beer. Beat the eggs, add the beer with yeast, a little milk and enough flour to get quite a dense mixture. Add salt, and leave it to rest a while.
- Warm the butter in a skillet, add finely chopped onion and cook until translucent. Add finely chopped mushrooms and cook until mushrooms become soft and release some liquid. Add 1 tbls flour, stir, add the hot chicken or vegetable stock, cover and cook shortly. Add salt and pepper to your taste, add sour cream and chopped parsley.
- Dip the cauliflower into pastella and deep fry in hot oil.
- Serve fried cauliflower with mushroom sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More