- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- * 2 whole chicken legs – drumsticks and split breasts are also fine
- * 2 tablespoons olive oil
- * 2 sprigs rosemary
- * 4 small sprigs thyme
- * Dried ginger root – grated. Or use ¾ teaspoon of ground ginger
- * 6 leaves fresh marjoram – chopped. Or use ½ teaspoon of dried marjoram
- * Sweet ground red pepper
- * ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- * Salt
- * 4 lime slices – Replace with 2 lemon slices if you don't have limes
- * A short dash of soy sauce
- Preparation time: 5 minutes.
- Cooking time: 30 minutes.
- 1. Sprinkle some freshly grated ginger on both sides of the chicken legs. Scatter the marjoram, a few pinches of red sweet pepper, the turmeric and salt to taste on both sides of the chicken pieces.
- 2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet or frying pan. Add the rosemary and thyme sprigs.
- 3. When the olive oil is hot, add the chicken thighs and brown each side uncovered for 5 minutes over low-medium heat. You should begin to see a nice crust.
- 4. Place 2 lime slices on top of each chicken piece and squeeze a little bit of lime juice over them too. If you use lemon use only 1 slice for each chicken leg, because lemons aren't as sweet as limes.
- 5. Pour a short dash of soy sauce over the chicken legs. Turn down the heat a little bit and cover.
- 6. Cook each side for 10 minutes. It's advisable to turn over the fried chicken pieces twice during the cooking time.
NotesThis is a twist on a southern tradition
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Adventures in CookingSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More