Fried chicken recipe with Mediterranean seasoning
Why I Love This Recipe
This is a twist on a southern tradition
Ingredients You'll Need
* 2 whole chicken legs – drumsticks and split breasts are also fine
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 sprigs rosemary
* 4 small sprigs thyme
* Dried ginger root – grated. Or use ¾ teaspoon of ground ginger
* 6 leaves fresh marjoram – chopped. Or use ½ teaspoon of dried marjoram
* Sweet ground red pepper
* ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
* 4 lime slices – Replace with 2 lemon slices if you don't have limes
* A short dash of soy sauce
Preparation time: 5 minutes.
Cooking time: 30 minutes.
1. Sprinkle some freshly grated ginger on both sides of the chicken legs. Scatter the marjoram, a few pinches of red sweet pepper, the turmeric and salt to taste on both sides of the chicken pieces.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet or frying pan. Add the rosemary and thyme sprigs.
3. When the olive oil is hot, add the chicken thighs and brown each side uncovered for 5 minutes over low-medium heat. You should begin to see a nice crust.
4. Place 2 lime slices on top of each chicken piece and squeeze a little bit of lime juice over them too. If you use lemon use only 1 slice for each chicken leg, because lemons aren't as sweet as limes.
5. Pour a short dash of soy sauce over the chicken legs. Turn down the heat a little bit and cover.
6. Cook each side for 10 minutes. It's advisable to turn over the fried chicken pieces twice during the cooking time.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Mediterranean