- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- * 2 whole chicken legs – drumsticks and split breasts are also fine
- * 2 tablespoons olive oil
- * 2 sprigs rosemary
- * 4 small sprigs thyme
- * Dried ginger root – grated. Or use ¾ teaspoon of ground ginger
- * 6 leaves fresh marjoram – chopped. Or use ½ teaspoon of dried marjoram
- * Sweet ground red pepper
- * ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- * Salt
- * 4 lime slices – Replace with 2 lemon slices if you don't have limes
- * A short dash of soy sauce
- Preparation time: 5 minutes.
- Cooking time: 30 minutes.
- 1. Sprinkle some freshly grated ginger on both sides of the chicken legs. Scatter the marjoram, a few pinches of red sweet pepper, the turmeric and salt to taste on both sides of the chicken pieces.
- 2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet or frying pan. Add the rosemary and thyme sprigs.
- 3. When the olive oil is hot, add the chicken thighs and brown each side uncovered for 5 minutes over low-medium heat. You should begin to see a nice crust.
- 4. Place 2 lime slices on top of each chicken piece and squeeze a little bit of lime juice over them too. If you use lemon use only 1 slice for each chicken leg, because lemons aren't as sweet as limes.
- 5. Pour a short dash of soy sauce over the chicken legs. Turn down the heat a little bit and cover.
- 6. Cook each side for 10 minutes. It's advisable to turn over the fried chicken pieces twice during the cooking time.
NotesThis is a twist on a southern tradition
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More