- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb of beans (2 cups)
- 4 cups of water
- Pico de gallo (no lime)(I have this recipe in my list also)
- Salt, garlic, pepper to taste
- Can of beer (opt.)
- Make pinto beans in Crockpot cook on low.
- Make chunky Pico de gallo.
- Fry bacon in a pan. With the bacon drippings on the bottom of the pan sauté pico de gallo. Put pico in crock pot with bacon.
- Add a can of beer and cook for a couple more hours. Add water if it dries too much.
Tastes good with or without the beer. My mom's recipe so sorry if measurements are off.
It's all about that protein
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More