- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- 3 1/2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tbs chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz. tasso, diced
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- In the deep half of a frittata pan over medium heat, melt 2 tbs of the butter. Add the green onions and 2 tbs of the parsley and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl. Wipe out the pan with paper towels.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream. Stir in the green onion mixture, the tasso, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- In the deep half of the frittata pan over medium heat, melt 1 tbs of the butter. Add the egg mixture and cook, using a rubber spatula to gently life the cooked edges and allow the uncooked eggs to flow underneath, 7-10 minutes.
- In the shallow half of the frittata pan over medium heat, melt the remaining 1/2 tbs of butter. Place the shallow pan upside down on top of the deep pan and flip the frittata into the shallow pan. Cook, covered, for 3 minutes. Remove the deep pan and continue cooking until the eggs are set, about 5 minutes more.
- Gently shake the pan to loosen the frittata, then slide it onto a serving plate. Garnish with the remaining 1 tbs of parsley.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More