- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- 3 1/2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tbs chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz. tasso, diced
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- In the deep half of a frittata pan over medium heat, melt 2 tbs of the butter. Add the green onions and 2 tbs of the parsley and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl. Wipe out the pan with paper towels.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream. Stir in the green onion mixture, the tasso, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- In the deep half of the frittata pan over medium heat, melt 1 tbs of the butter. Add the egg mixture and cook, using a rubber spatula to gently life the cooked edges and allow the uncooked eggs to flow underneath, 7-10 minutes.
- In the shallow half of the frittata pan over medium heat, melt the remaining 1/2 tbs of butter. Place the shallow pan upside down on top of the deep pan and flip the frittata into the shallow pan. Cook, covered, for 3 minutes. Remove the deep pan and continue cooking until the eggs are set, about 5 minutes more.
- Gently shake the pan to loosen the frittata, then slide it onto a serving plate. Garnish with the remaining 1 tbs of parsley.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More