- Cooking Time: 50 min
- Servings: 30 pieces/slices
- Preparation Time: 80 min
- For the Sauce
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can regular milk (use the condensed milk can)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- For the cake
- 5 eggs separated
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 small package of Coconut Flakes
- For the sauce
- Stir all together in a bowl and set aside.
- For the cake
- Preheat the oven at 350 F
- Prepare a 9″ by 13″ rectangular cake pan
- Beat the egg whites until foamy
- Mix in the egg yolks and sugar
- Continuing beating, add the milk
- For last, mix in the flour and baking Powder
- Bake for 50 min.
- When is baked, take the cake from the oven and right away, (while still hot, still in the pan) cover the cake with the sauce.
- Very slowly, letting the cake absorb all the liquid.
- Place in the freezer overnight, still in the baking pan.
- Next day take out the cake and cut it into squares or the size desired.
- Roll the pieces on coconut flakes
- Wrap and fold in foil.
- Can be served right away or leave in the freezer or refrigerator until is time to serve
NotesThe best summer cake. For picnic, birthdays, bbq or just an afternoon snack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More