- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz Bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1/4 C Water
- 1 C Heavy Cream
- 2 Eggs
- Bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped: 8 oz. (splurge on a really great chocolate here, such as Valrhona or El Rey)
- Place the chocolate into a clean, dry metal or glass bowl.
- Place the sugar and water into a small saucepot and place over medium heat.
- Stir the mixture just until the sugar dissolves.
- Use a wet pastry brush to brush down any granules of sugar that are on the sides of the pot.
- Allow the mixture to boil until it becomes a rich caramel color.
- Immediately remove the pot from the heat and pour the caramel over the chocolate.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 2-3 minutes before whisking smooth.
- Beat the cream until soft peaks form and then set aside.
- Whisk the eggs into the chocolate until completely combined.
- Add the cream to the chocolate mixture and gently fold until completely combined.
- Immediately transfer the mixture to 4-oz. ramekins or molds and place into the freezer.
- Allow the mixture to freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
- To umnold, dip each ramekin into hot water for 5-10 seconds and then invert the dish onto a plate.
- Drizzle with fudge sauce to cover any imperfections!
NotesI like to serve this w/ citrus segments & warm chocolate fudge sauce. A beautiful and easy dessert!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More