- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz Bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1/4 C Water
- 1 C Heavy Cream
- 2 Eggs
- Bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped: 8 oz. (splurge on a really great chocolate here, such as Valrhona or El Rey)
- Place the chocolate into a clean, dry metal or glass bowl.
- Place the sugar and water into a small saucepot and place over medium heat.
- Stir the mixture just until the sugar dissolves.
- Use a wet pastry brush to brush down any granules of sugar that are on the sides of the pot.
- Allow the mixture to boil until it becomes a rich caramel color.
- Immediately remove the pot from the heat and pour the caramel over the chocolate.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 2-3 minutes before whisking smooth.
- Beat the cream until soft peaks form and then set aside.
- Whisk the eggs into the chocolate until completely combined.
- Add the cream to the chocolate mixture and gently fold until completely combined.
- Immediately transfer the mixture to 4-oz. ramekins or molds and place into the freezer.
- Allow the mixture to freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
- To umnold, dip each ramekin into hot water for 5-10 seconds and then invert the dish onto a plate.
- Drizzle with fudge sauce to cover any imperfections!
NotesI like to serve this w/ citrus segments & warm chocolate fudge sauce. A beautiful and easy dessert!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Taste of CenturyLink
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More