- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 8 x 4-inch pound cake, purchased or homemade
- 5 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 jar purchased hot fudge sauce
- chocolate covered espresso beans, for garnish (optional)
- Line a 11 x 4-inch rectangular tart pan, with removable bottom, with plastic wrap. Cut as many 1/2-inch slices of pound cake as necessary to line the bottom of prepared pan, cutting to fit as necessary. Reserve any remaining cake for another use. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan bring cream to a boil over a medium-high heat. Remove pan from heat and add the chocolate and the espresso powder. Stir until the chocolate is melted and the espresso is dissolved. Transfer to a small bowl and cool until panache is of a spreadable consistency.
- Pour panache over cake and smooth the top. Freeze the shell until the ganache is set, about 15 minutes. Remove from freezer and spread ice cream over ganache layer. Freeze tart until ice cream is solid, about 3 hours. Lift tart from pan and peel away plastic wrap. Allow tart to soften for 10 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, heat fudge sauce according to jar instructions. Cut cake into desired number of squares or rectangles. Place one slice of tart on a dessert plate and spoon warm fudge sauce over ice cream. Repeat with as many dessert plates and tart slices as needed.
- If desired, garnish with chocolate covered espresso beans.
- Return any unserved tart to freezer
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More