FROZEN CRANBERRY SALAD
- 2 3 oz.pkgs cream cheese -- softened
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 16 oz can jellied whole cranberry sauce
- 8 oz can crushed pineapple -- drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- lettuce leaves
- Fresh mint leaves, fresh cranberries – to garnish
1. Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring until smooth. Stir in cranberry sauce, pineapple and pecans.
2. Beat whipping cream until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Stir in 1 tsp. vanilla.
3. Fold whipped cream mixture into cranberry mixture; spoon into 8" square dish. Cover and freeze until firm.
4. Cut into squares and serve on lettuce leaves. Garnish with mint and cranberries.