- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Appx. 4 biscotti cookies, more or less depending on how big they are.
- Appx. 1 tbsp. melted butter.
- 1 jar of hot fudge ice cream topping.
- 1 quart of ice cream - I recommend something coffee flavored to go with the biscotti, I tested this with Starbuck's No Sugar Added Coffee Fudge Brownie and it was amazing.
- Line a bread pan (or whatever kind of pan you'd like) with parchment paper.
- Pulse the biscotti and melted butter in a food processor until well mixed and uniform. Press evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Heat up the hot fudge according to the directions on the jar to make it pourable (is pourable a word?)
- Pour the hot fudge onto the biscotti crust and spread evenly with a spatula. Put this in the freezer for about 30 minutes to set. When you put this in the freezer, take out the ice cream and let it sit on the counter to soften while the crust/hot fudge is setting.
- After the 30 minutes has passed, scoop the softened ice cream into the pan, pressing down to fill the pan completely. Smooth the top down.
- Place plastic wrap directly on top of the ice cream layer and return to the freezer. You should probably do this at least an hour before you plan on serving.
- When ready to serve, peel off the plastic wrap and invert the cake onto a serving platter. You should have a large layer of ice cream on the bottom, hot fudge in the middle, and the biscotti crust on top.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before serving so that it becomes sliceable (is sliceable a word!?!?)
- Slice, eat, and enjoy :)
NotesThis is the easiest dessert you'll ever make.