- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 (10-ounce) package Archway Original Coconut Macaroon Cookies
- 1 quart (4 cups) vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1(8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- Crumble and press 9 of the cookies into a 9-inch pie plate.
- In large bowl, stir ice cream, pineapple with juice and rum extract until blended. Spoon into crust. Crumble remaining cookies and sprinkle over pie. Freeze about 4 hours or until firm.
- Remove pie from freezer about 5 minutes before serving.
- 10 servings
NotesI wanted to create a recipe for the Archway/Bakespace Contest using vanilla ice cream and the Archway Macaroon cookies. I decided to add ingredients to make it taste like a pina colada pie. The Archway Macaroon Cookies really do make the pie special! The taste is perfect on a hot summer day!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More